Dates for One Class for 2013:
*(We must have your proposal by midnight the night before the meeting date.)
Meeting Dates 2013
Award Dates (2013) for
Broadcast of Presentation
(Friday) - Winner
Be sure to get your proposal in before we choose the next winner(s) of the $1000 award.
Information about One Class at a Time:
KTBS-3, Barksdale Federal Credit Union, SuddenLink, CHRISTUS Pediatric Associates & CHRISTUS Health Shreveport Bossier are helping the teachers of the Ark-La-Tex!
KTBS-3, with Barksdale Federal Credit Union, SuddenLink, CHRISTUS Pediatric Associates & CHRISTUS Health Shreveport Bossier are giving a $1000, award twice a month, throughout the school year, to classes in our viewing area. If your class is in need of money that would enrich your students' learning experience, apply for this award!
Proposals will be evaluated and judged by an advisory board.
Criteria for Award:
1. Who can submit: Teacher, PTA, college professor, and any school based club/organization.
2. What the $1000 must accomplish: It must directly affect the students' educational learning experience.
3. Reasons for award: Academic Enrichment.
Proposal must include: (You may apply on-line by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.)
1. Project Description. Send us no more than three typed pages - or you can submit your proposal on-line by clicking on the link below.
a. Describe the proposed program or project.
b. Identify the needs/problems to be addressed, target population and number of people to be served by the project.
c. Describe, in detail, the project goals and objectives, and your plan to meet them.
d. Evaluation: How will you show that your project has reached its goal.
e. Provide a timetable for implementation. Implementation must be within 90 days of receiving the grant.
2. Detailed Project Budget - Your budget must be close to $1000. If your project requires more than $1000, please explain how you will get any funds above the grant award. Please give us details of your budget. How will you spend every dollar that you receive if you get the award?
You may submit your proposal by email by using the link below.
Please be sure to include the following information in your submission.
Name of School
Subject and grade level of classes taught
Have you ever received a One Class at a Time award? (A teacher may only win the award once per school year)
If yes, what year?
Describe the proposed project or plan.
Identify the needs/problems to be addressed, target population and number of people to be served by the project.
Describe, in detail, the project goals and objectives.
Evaluation: Describe how you will show tat your project has achieved it goal(s)
Provide a timetable for implementation. (Implementation must be within 90 days of receiving the Award)
Budget necessary to make your project happen. It must be detailed and as close to $1000 as you can get
Attn: Jan Elkins
312 E. Kings Hwy.
Shreveport, LA 71104
If you need to send any attachments, please send them to: email@example.com.
North Caddo Special Needs teacher Mary Irvin won $1,000 in our One Class At A Time check giveaway a year ago and from what we can see, it's truly helped her shape students' lives both inside and outside of the classroom.