Things went from bad to worse for a Caddo Parish homeowner.
It happened around 4 o'clock Thursday afternoon on Pathway Trail in Blanchard. The fire department tells KTBS 3 News that the home was fully engulfed when fire crews arrived. Firefighters are working with family and friends of the homeowner to try and salvage what they can from the destroyed home.
Homeowner, Tamara Johnston said that she had back surgery in November of 2012 and was at the doctor with her husband when the fire broke out. She says that if she was actually home when the fire started, she's not sure that she would have made it out by herself.
"God had a reason, I don't know what it is but everybody says God had a reason. I just don't understand it" says Johnston.
The Johnston's dog was killed in the fire. Investigators say the blaze may have started in the living room by an electrical cord or plug.
Donations to Tamara Johnston and her family can be made at any Capitol One Bank branch.