Two people are dead as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. Claiborne Parish Sheriff Ken Bailey says Paul Pitts, 50 of Summerfield, and Linda Scott, 47 of Huttig, Ark., died from carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator they used to power an electric heater inside a metal building with no ventilation. Isham "Smitty" Smith an employee of Home Depot says this is a big no no. He says running a generator indoors is a recipe for trouble. Smitty says there's a simple solution to prevent senseless deaths, carbon monoxide detectors. "The intelligent alarm, it's a combination smoke, fire and C-O, but it also has a voice, so it's going to speak to you it'll let you know, it gets louder, louder and louder until it's cut off", Smittty said. Scott Wolverton with the Shreveport Fire Department says they test home regularly for carbon monoxide leaks. He says whenever there's a danger level they take action. "The home has to be ventilated and vacated, we cut the natural gas off and a service contractor has to come out and check it before it's turned back on", Wolverton said. He says there are several signs that point to C-O poisoning, like headache, fatigue, nausea, vomiting. He says those are the primary things that you'll see when it comes to signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. According to Claiborne Parish Sheriff Ken Bailey the two went to sleep and never woke up. No foul play is suspected.