A fire destroyed an East Texas home Wednesday morning.
The Tyler Fire Department responded to a two-alarm structure fire Wednesday at 10:20 a.m. on Lyndon Avenue. The caller reported seeing smoke and flames coming from the house. First arriving units called for a second alarm. Five engines and one Ladder Company, along with a District Chief and an Investigator, responded to the scene.
The Red Cross was notified to assist the occupants who were at home at the time of the fire, but were not injured. The fire apparently originated in the house in the area of a gas space heater in the living room. There was heavy fire and smoke damage throughout the house. The home is considered to be a total loss.