SPAR: Mardi Gras parade guidelines
The following parade guidelines have been released by the Shreveport Public Assembly & Recreation:
-- For the Krewe of Centuar and Krewe of Gemini, Clyde Fant Parkway will close from approximately 7pm on Friday night prior to parades and will remain closed until 7am on Saturday morning (parade day). This includes the service road between Stoner and Shreveport Barksdale.
-- No one will be allowed to stake off or reserve any areas along the parade route until after 7am on parade day Saturday.
-- It is unlawful for any person or vehicle to park or stop on any street, sidewalk or boulevard along the parade route or to obstruct the passage of any traffic on the parade route or any interesting or adjacent street to the parade route.
-- All vendors must be permitted by the City Department of Revenue Compliance
Contact David Duncan @ 318.673.5592.
-- No pets or animals will be allowed within 200 yards of the parade route within 2 hours before the scheduled start of the parade. This does not apply to residences along the parade route who have pets secured in their homes or yards. This does not apply to service animals.
-- Prohibited items include:
- Any life threatening object
- Any noxious substance or liquid intended to be poured, tossed handed out or otherwise distributed.
- Any throw containing sharp points including but not limited to plastic spears or plastic, paper or silk flowers with wire stems.
- Any insects, marine life, rodents, fowl or other animals, dead or alive
- Any "silly string" or other such item which, when used, emits an adhesive string-like or adhesive streamer-like substance that is shot or expelled from a pressurized container.
- No condoms, prophylactic or sexually oriented devise.
-- It is unlawful for a person to throw any object at a float or any participant in a parade. It is unlawful for a person to use "silly string" or other such item which, when used, emits an adhesive string-like or adhesive streamer-like substance that is shot or expelled from a pressurized container.
-- No glass bottles or containers will be allowed along the parade route or within 200 feet of the parade route on parade day.
-- No flags or banners are allowed within 50 feet of the parade route.
-- No throw areas are:
- Parade staging area north of Lake St. Throws may begin at Lake St.
- The entire curve of Clyde Fant Parkway under the railroad trestle located north of Veteran's Memorial.
- The bridge over Stoner Ave.
- The end of the parade route designated with a "Parade Ends" Banner.
- The area from the railroad trestle just north of Veteran's Park to Stoner Ave. is designated as a Family Zone - no alcohol will be allowed in this area.
For more parade information from SPAR, click here.
Copyright 2013 KTBS. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.