Mark your calendars! The 12th annual Junior League Market: Shopping for a Cause, will be held March 7-9 at the Shreveport Convention Center. Shopping hours will be 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. The 2013 Market is a one-stop shopping experience featuring merchants from across the country with the finest home decor, jewelry, clothing, gourmet food and much more! Market remains the premiere spring shopping experience in Northwest Louisiana.
The new location brings new opportunities for The Market. The Shreveport Convention Center offers space for over 140 vendor booths. In addition to daily shopping, The Market will feature 4 additional events:
• Running for a Cause – A 5K race that supports the Market. Bounce houses, food and more!
• Girls’ Night Out – An evening of private shopping and fun just for the girls!
• Patron Party – A night of appreciate for our patron sponsors.
• Breakfast with the Bunnies – An event just for the kids! Enjoy a catered breakfast, candy-filled eggs and a visit with the bunnies.
The Market is the primary source of funding for the Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier. Every ticket purchased funds the projects and the mission of the Junior League. League members work together to identify needs, forge effective coalitions and work for change. The Junior League was a major force behind the Red River Revel, the Molly Webb Speech and Hearing Center, the Rutherford House, Pioneer Heritage Center, the original Council on Aging and Sci-Port: Louisiana’s Science Center. Time and time again, it is the Junior League that steps up to the plate to tackle the community’s biggest challenges.
Current projects include the following:
• Super Safety Saturday at Sheriff’s Safety Town – Family fun that teaches kids about a variety of
topics from internet and bicycle safety to healthy food choices.
• Kids in the Kitchen – Empowering children to make healthy lifestyle choices to reverse
childhood obesity and poor nutrition.
• LSUHSC-S Bingo – Offering a fun escape to hospitalized children.
• Domestic Violence Community Awareness – A new partnership with Providence House to educate the Shreveport-Bossier communities about domestic violence.
About Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier:
The Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. The Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier is celebrating 80 years of being a positive impact for lasting community change. Our 250 trained volunteers collectively donate more than 8,000 hours of direct community service each year, addressing some of the most critical issues facing the area: literacy, childhood obesity, family life skills, and the cultural enrichment