Teen surrenders in rape, kidnapping, robbery case
A 15-year-old New Orleans boy is in custody after surrendering to police for the alleged rape, robbery and kidnapping of a woman earlier this week.
Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas, along with Mayor Mitch Landrieu, announced the arrest Thursday.
WVUE-TV reports (http://bit.ly/Xrm2a5 ) the juvenile's family turned in the teenager, whose name was not released. Serpas says the teenager confessed to participating in the crime.
The alleged attack happened Monday. Police say the woman was getting out of her car when three males approached her. She says they forced her into a waiting vehicle and sexually assaulted her before dropping her off and stealing her car.
Serpas says the juvenile could be tried as an adult and, if convicted, face up to 60 years in prison.
Two additional suspects are being sought.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.