Quantcast

Second "Cheer Perfection" star arrested - KTBS.com - Shreveport, LA News, Weather and Sports

Second "Cheer Perfection" star arrested, this time on drug charges

Posted: Updated:
Ronald Dunlap (source: KATV) Ronald Dunlap (source: KATV)
SHERWOOD, Ark. (KATV) -

A second star of the TLC reality show "Cheer Perfection" has been arrested. Ronald Dunlap, 41, was arrested overnight and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Dunlap stars on the reality show with his wife Alisha Dunlap. Both are coaches at the Sherwood cheerleading gym Cheer Time Perfection.

"I'm in absolute shock. I'm disappointed beyond belief. But right now he's got to step away from the gym. Which breaks my heart. But my first concern is all those kids at the gym," Alisha Dunlap said.

Dunlap was arrested along with his former student at the gym, 21 year-old Ryan Dahl.

On Tuesday another star of the show, Andrea Cleavenger, one of the moms whose child attends the gym, was arrested and charged with rape of a minor.

RELATED STORY: Arkansas mom on reality show arrested for allegedly raping a minor

"Everything that I had to go through emotionally yesterday was tough and it just got worse today because it's my family," Dunlap said.

Dunlap says her main concern is protecting the kids at her gym.

"I'm not going to give up. I'm not going to let my gym go because of something he did. I walk a very fine line. I watch everything I do and I'm very careful to try to be the absolute best role model I can be. So just because of someone else's mistake I'm not going to stop doing what I love to do," Dunlap said.

TLC did not renew the show for a third season and had no comment on any of the charges.

• ArkLaTex SlideshowsMore>>

ArkLaTex Adoptable Pets

Friday, August 29 2014 6:12 PM EDT2014-08-29 22:12:16 GMT
    There are lots of animals in the Ark-La-Tex who are looking for that perfect home.

KTBS 3 Viewer's Pets

Thursday, August 28 2014 7:00 PM EDT2014-08-28 23:00:16 GMT
    Viewer's petsViewer's pets
    Viewer's pets
    Viewer's pets

Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services Adoptable Children

Thursday, August 28 2014 6:44 PM EDT2014-08-28 22:44:11 GMT
    DJanaeDJanae
    Foster/Adoption Parenting Minimum Qualifications and Steps to Certification Minimum Qualifications for Certification.
  • NationalMore>>

Detroit's historic bankruptcy trial to begin

Tuesday, September 2 2014 2:11 AM EDT2014-09-02 06:11:09 GMT
    Lawyers for Detroit will attempt to convince a judge with the start of the city's bankruptcy trial that its plans to wipe out billions of dollars in debt should be approved.
    Lawyers for Detroit will attempt to convince a federal judge at the city's bankruptcy trial that its plans to wipe out billions of dollars in debt should be approved.

$2.4B Revel casino to shut down early Tuesday

Tuesday, September 2 2014 2:01 AM EDT2014-09-02 06:01:16 GMT
    Little more than two years after opening with high hopes of turning around Atlantic City's struggling casino market, Revel will close its doors Tuesday morning.

9-foot Joe Frazier statue rising in Philadelphia

Tuesday, September 2 2014 1:51 AM EDT2014-09-02 05:51:17 GMT
    Busloads of tourists line up every day in Philadelphia to take photos with a statue of Rocky Balboa, the fictional heavyweight fighter made famous by Sylvester Stallone.
  • KTBS 3 News Tips

Send your news tip or story idea to the KTBS 3 Newsroom.  Enter your email address below to get started.

* denotes required fields
    We're sorry, but only one entry is allowed per person.
    Thank you for your continued interest.

Thank you for your submission to KTBS 3 News.  A member of our staff may contact you for more information.

Share Your Images
Powered by WorldNow
    Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTBS. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
    Advertising | EEO Public File | KTBS 3 Public File | KPXJ 21 Public File