MOUNTAIN HOME, Ark. (AP) - A spark from construction work is blamed for a grass fire that burned two acres surrounding two holes at Big Creek Golf and Country Club in Mountain Home.
The Baxter Bulletin reports (http://bit.ly/1ms7yGb ) that the fire began just after 10 a.m. Monday and was extinguished within about 15 minutes with no injuries or structure damage reported.
Authorities say a worker was cutting cement when he struck steel - creating the spark that started the fire.
Baxter County is one of 23 counties listed by the Arkansas Forestry Commission has having a burn ban in place.
Information from: The Banner-News, http://www.bannernews.net
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.