SHREVEPORT, La. - Mayor Adrian Perkins will hold community meetings throughout the city to explain the details of the bond proposal approved by the City Council earlier this week.
The Council approved a $186 million bond proposal to be placed on the November ballot this fall.
“This bond will address the immediate needs we have with infrastructure, roads, public safety, transportation and parks,” said Mayor Perkins. “This bond proposal accomplishes much, but it is just as important to note what it does not do. It does not raise taxes. It is a continuation of a portion of 6.2 mills dedicated to expiring bonds.”
Community meetings will be held from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the following park recreation centers and local churches on the respective dates:
- Thursday, Aug. 22 Southern Hills 1002 W. Bert Kouns
- Thursday, Aug. 29 Broadmoor Presbyterian Church 1915 Grover Place
- Thursday, Sept. 5 Mamie Hicks 200 Mayfair St.
- Thursday, Sept. 12 Valencia 1800 Viking Dr.
- Thursday, Sept. 26 Airport Park 6500 Kennedy Dr.
- Thursday, Oct. 10 A.B. Palmer 547 E. 79th St.
- Thursday, Oct. 17 Bilberry 1902 Alabama Ave.